Sunday, January 18, 2009

Gardening Jan 09



Gardening has begun in earnest around here. Over the last couple months, during the times it was warm enough, and I felt good enough, I was doing more yard cleaning and bed building. Yesterday I went to get a load of my favorite pecan mulch and was very disappointed. I have been buying this compost for over 2 years, because with the pecans hulls, mixed in, the soil is lighter and makes a great potting soil, plus the extra nutrition from the pecans themselves.




Due to the terrible freeze we had last winter, there was not much of a pecan harvest, thus no leftovers for making mulch. I am very sad ! But the good news is, the compost that Tiner's did have was so hot in the center, that you could not touch it !! Which means it is very active and my gardens will love it ! So the front yard is newly composted and ready for the spring. Pic is from my driveway, looking east, and yes, it is sloped.

















Speaking of pecan, I also picked up my new floor for the main part of my house, beautiful pecan laminate. I am going to have the walls painted, then find someone to install the floor for me. I got enough flooring to cover my office, the great room, the front and downstairs bedroom's hallways. Hopefully, my house will be looking good for the spring classes that will be held in my "great" room.
It is another warm day in the 50's, so I have started watering and need to get out to it.


















No comments: