Sunday, March 15, 2009

Green and flowers

Blueberries must have acidic soil, so I planted my 4 plants between my 2 juniper trees and then used branches to make my "wreaths" around the plants. (below)
Yarrow sprouts, I planted both white (native) and colored yarrows, last year and they did not make many plants, but a lot more seeds have sprouted this year, I hope I get both white and colors ! (side)



One of my 2nd year mulleins. These were started from seeds I picked up at the original Cherokee stomp grounds, which are no longer at that location, due to the land being privately owned, so these are sacred to me, as will be any offspringMy first peach blossoms, most of my fruit trees are only budded right now, due to me moving them 2 weeks ago, but that is a good thing, considering the freezing temps we had this last week


The 1st violet of spring




Echinacea poking their heads up.









These are red for hope (the hope of spring)


I planted these the way they are, petunias and dianthus.









I have green sprouts showing up everywhere, which makes me VERY happy, then there are the blooms, flowers have popped up and out everywhere in the last week ! First there is only 1 tree I truly do not like, but I can't help it, they stink and the trees do not have a purpose, other than landscaping "pretty", anyway, that tree would be the Bradberry pears, and they are thick everywhere locally ! And of course I am way allergic to them, so I spent 2 days, having great difficulty with breathing, cause of them. Oh well, one of the only downs of spring !









The best part of spring, is how happy all the new life makes me ! Here in OK, we only had about 3 months of true winter weather, but I was just so ready for the renewal of life and time to garden again.









Anyway, here are some picks I took this week, hope they bring you a little of the joy I receive from them ! And for even more pics, check out my facebook

1 comment:

Tumbleweed Trails said...

I sure wish I had a green thumb. I love gardens and flower beds and all. I'm no good with any of it that's why I like reading your blog. Oops, I forgot in my comment on your last post to tell you thank you for letting us know we had won your last two weeks contests. You can get my email addy at my blog and contaact me when you have a chance. Thank you for your generosity. Spring and summer are just around the corner and your products would be quite useful. Jody